Humus: Dump | DeviantArt | Friendster | Eskwela | Multiply | Funchain |

 

Still under renovation



Karma

Finally, after weeks of barely catching my deadlines,I vowed to myself that this week will be different, that I would no longer be a slave to the monotony of Dawn of War and Tiberium Wars. I held up pretty good for the first few days, but then you just can't shrug peer pressure, and today, I finally got coaxed by my roommates to assume my "battle station" once more.

All it took was a split second, there I was, playing my ass off when not-so-surprisingly



I shift the foldable table to make way for my passing roomie when suddenly the table folds up and down goes my laptop.



And dammit, it's not just some surface scratch, it scraped deeply into my lcd cover, past the imprint finish and through the top layer of the tough plastic. Damn.

Months and months of pruning, cleaning, and polishing has just been recklessly laid to waste in a split second. Now, it's just like an immaculately white paper with a dot in the center. No matter how much I clean, polish, or cry over it. Yes, it's a goddamn shibboleth but I simply can't find the right words to say, the anger simply burns me up.

But what really pisses me off is the fact that it's all my fault, that I can't shove the blame on someone else, and I can't kick anyone's nut, just my own balls. I knew that I never should've broken my stupid vow, and now I'm stuck here weeping at my loss.

But then, looking on the bright side, at least if i get in some sticky situation, like say, some bastard tries to take my laptop for his own, I'll have that painful scar as a distinct name label.


Labels:

thrown by A.Paul @ 20:36,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home